Debtor Related Services
Altus has managed the pursuit of preference actions for multiple large and complex bankruptcy cases. We have overseen more than 10,000 avoidance actions, with an aggregate value of over $150 million. We have also conducted countless preference mediation sessions with great success.
Our approach is bolstered by leading-edge technology, including two proprietary databases developed by the company. The first of the web-based tools tracks all pertinent data for each avoidance action, while the second is used to input pre-preference and preference period data to perform a detailed analysis and calculate the net recoverable based on the new value and ordinary course defenses.
Along with the pursuit of preference actions, Altus is experienced in recovering default judgments and outstanding accounts receivable. We have a proven track record of bringing value to the estate through the tiered escalation procedures during the recovery process.
We offer these services on a contingency fee basis. The contingent fee will pose no risk to the estate, as we would recover our fee solely from the preference, accounts receivable, judgment recovery proceeds.
Our schedule of services include the following:
Preference analysis/recovery and preference defense
- Comprehensive review of accounting records to determine the net recoverable
- Circulate initial demand letters or demand response letter
- Negotiate settlements with preference defendants or Plaintiff’s counsel
- Document settlements
- Prepare and file adversary complaints or draft and file answer
- File and collect default judgments
- Mediation services
- Assistance with litigation
Judgment and accounts receivable discovery
- Utilization of our specialized Credit Scoring Department
- Skip trace for accounts without current contact information
- Introductory letters and phone calls
- Tiered escalation procedures
- Discovery of assets
- Wage Garnishment
- Asset Seizure
- Advance of funds against future recoveries
- Initial demand letters
- Credit scoring
- Judgment scrubbing
- Asset discovery
- Domestication of judgment
- Lien filing
- Garnishment of wages
- Skip tracing